HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

John Cleese On Christianity

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldie
Goldie

John Cleese On Christianity Empty
PostSubject: John Cleese On Christianity   John Cleese On Christianity EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 3:34 pm

This is what I agree with . Why accept something just because somebody tells you.

I always question things too . Sounds familiar, I are to me anyway  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: John Cleese On Christianity   John Cleese On Christianity EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 8:27 am

As far as I am concerned, religions of ALL types have caused more wars and trouble than anything else.  In this day and age with all our knowledge, surely people should be able to see that it is all mumbo jumbo. If people do however want to believe in it that's fine as long as they don't try and force it on others.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

John Cleese On Christianity 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: John Cleese On Christianity   John Cleese On Christianity EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 8:45 am

Totally agree Andsome.  I am polite if they knock on the door but if they get my dander up. I tell them I am a Pagan. Usually sends them scuttling off.

My friend is very religious,  we have a great laugh as most of the church members are having affairs with each other.

Back in Rhoose they tried to endictronate   me. Wrong move.

I didn't mind doing the charity events and stalls. I confess to putting too much alcohol in the mulled wine. It went down a storm.

Even my friend was taking advantage of as she was a great charity eventer and raised lots of money. The church took advantage of that plus her sister was ill at the time. 

I escaped and my friend left sometime later.

sweep
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: John Cleese On Christianity   John Cleese On Christianity EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 9:21 am

I am an agnostic because I cannot prove there is no God. But proving a negative is always difficult, so on my 99% surety I never criticise others who who do believe. Logic seems to play no part in religion. I remember seeing a TV report of the cyclone that hit New Orleans a few years back and the woman who was being interviewed , who had just lost two of her 4 children , said that God was with her that day and He saved two other children. You could ask why does He afflict innocent people including innocent children, with hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes and foul diseases if He is omnipotent? I sometimes hope that I am right because otherwise if there is a God, He is a sadist.

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: John Cleese On Christianity   John Cleese On Christianity EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:19 am

That's what I cannot come to terms with either Ciderman. 

I just want to be burned, ashes scattered, no ceremony. My friends can have a knees up after  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: John Cleese On Christianity   John Cleese On Christianity EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 3:22 pm

We all originated as star dust,and that is how will once again end up as our sun expands and destroys the world in a few billion years time.

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

John Cleese On Christianity 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Cleese On Christianity   John Cleese On Christianity Empty

Back to top Go down

John Cleese On Christianity
Page 1 of 1