meerkat12
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member

Image Hosting - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 11:06 am

Ah, thanks Malcolm, you're a treasure ... I've just looked and I've got an e-mail from them telling me what to do .... in French.

My French is a little rusty but it seems to be a standard reactivation link.

Last edited by sags on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 11:13 am

Okay ...
I clicked the link which took me to their site with a message saying it had been activated.
I came back here and pasted the new password into the box that appeared here ( as there was nowhere to paste anything up there).

It changed the box to the usual Host Image box.
Here's me when I was younger.

Image Hosting - Page 4 Imagey10
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 11:14 am

But ....
When I tried to do it again ... it looks like I've got to put in this new password every time.

Better scribble it on a bit of paper and stick it on me monitor handy.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 11:22 am

OK thanks sags...I will report back
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 11:27 am

Ah ... perhaps I should delete forum cookies and my cache too.
I'll scamper off and do that.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 12:41 pm

So what's the situation now sags....I would like to put this to bed !
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 3:45 pm

It looks like every time I want to use the image host I have to put in the password they gave me.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Image Hosting - Page 4 Doctor11

I have just returned home from Holiday and tried the hosting feature - it worked as before without asking for a password.

However - in my Email inbox there is a message from Servimg in the French language which says :-

Hello AlanHo

You receive this email because you (or someone claiming to be you) have requested that a new password be sent to your account on "Servimg" - https://servimg.com

If you have not requested this email, please ignore it.

To use the new password, you need to activate it by clicking on the link below:

Click here If this is successful, you can log in with the following password: Password: [Hidden by me]

You can of course change this password yourself via your profile

I have not requested a password and My forum password still works if I log onto Servimg directly from my browser.

I am in need of a lie down.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Alan....this is the fix from forumotion, I gave them your email address so they could contact you directly.
If all is well then you need do nothing.....you are in need of a lie down, what about me ?
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 7:35 pm

It's a good job I can remember some of my grammar school French (and how to use Google translate)

Image Hosting - Page 4 Comput10

Thank you Malcolm - Sags and I will now keep a look out for your next challenge

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
volvojack

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 3:26 pm

Hello
I keep having to log in even though I have ticked the box ??

I see that the Limerick topic has disappeared since yesterday although Alan Ho did kindly steer me in the right way to submit a line. Any reason for It not being shown in it's normal place.
John Daly V.J.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 5:49 pm

Everything is the same as it was John... nothing has changed including the posts in the Limerick thread.
Have you had your pills today ? And not overindulged on the G&T ?

And by the way this thread is about image hosting !!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 7:35 pm

John

Are you using a Windows computer to post on forums - or an apple or Andoid tablet/phone.

If you are using Windows you may need to clear the cache to cure your log-in problem

Regarding the displaying of the the limerick thread.  The last post column on the home page displays the latest post in each section. 

When you joined the forum the latest post in the Word Games section was the limericks thread and has remained so until I revived the "First Word You Think Of" and the "Double Letters" threads" yesterday. We now have a situation where the latest of these threads shows up in the Word Games section - hence limericks was not shown nor will it be until it is the latest word game posted to. To access the Limericks post when not shown, click on the Word Games section under Fun and Games on the home page

Note that when you open the forum you can click on "New posts since last visit at the top right - it will then list the posts made after you last visited the forum. There is a snag - if you answer one of the threads listed here and then return to the home page the other posts will no longer be listed because you have already been presented with the list. 

I have a work around with Windows - I hold down the shift key when opening a post in the list which results in it opening in another tab on my Chrome browser. I answer the post then close the tab which re-displays the original home page and last post list. I can then open another post using the same method repeatedly until I have read or answered all the last posts listed.

Regarding you posting in the Forum Help and Hints section - you added to a previous old and unrelated thread instead of starting a new topic. An easy mistake so no need to flagellate yourself over it. Every forum is different and has a learning curve to climb. Some features here are better than the other forum you are on and some not as user friendly. There's not much that Malcolm can do about it because it is propriety software.  I recall I drove him crackers when I first joined with not being able to post hosted images. I have a bumper fun book in MS Word format where I store thousands of jokes and the url of images. On most forums I can copy the url from my Word Doc and paste it into the forum with no problem. We discovered after a number of fits of the vapours that url's in this forum have to be posted as plain text. Voila - problem resolved.

Last edited by AlanHo on Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 5:41 am

John...don't worry about it, any problems you may encounter on here are easily resolved, just ask and we will sort it one way or another yes
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 11:52 am

Gosh, I've just run into my alter ego, moi, myself, at the beginning of this thread when I was Sags... and I haven't even changed my frock after all these years
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Image Hosting   Image Hosting - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Image Hosting
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next