Mart
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Bike ride scenes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike ride scenes   Bike ride scenes - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 11:56 pm

It probably was called helicoiling since it was like a coil that was inserted into the damaged plug hole to form a new thread.

Good memories for you as regards the trip across Europe. I have often regretted not getting a motorbike licence. I should have had another go at the test.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Bike ride scenes   Bike ride scenes - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 2:35 am

you've got me thinkin now back in the late 50's I had a Dot scrambler and road it to work and leisurely at the w/end but I can never remember having a license and was never stopped by the cops - wot was the legals back then?
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Bike ride scenes   Bike ride scenes - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 9:12 pm

"and was never stopped by the cops - wot was the legals back then?"

I suspect you had a lucky charm secreted somewhere.
It is certainly a world wide requirement in the parts of the world that claims to be "civilised". They have police forces that need paying.

I had a nice occurrence on my first motorcycle. I had not passed the driving test), which meant I could not take a pillion passenger unless the passenger was a licence holder..

I was passing through a small Lancashire town when a lunatic on a motorcycle came hurtling past, waving me to pull in to the side of the road.

I thought he wanted help or something similar. It turned out he was a part-time special constable.

He started lecturing me about the law and the possible outcome of my actions and I must give him my name and address so that I could be persecuted. I had a pillion passenger (my future wife).
He took out his official note book and wrote down my answers to all his questions. After he had put it back into his pocket he ordered my girl friend off the bike and said she could not ride.

I said to her" Now show him your licence."  (she had a motor cycle licence because she had one of those peculiar bolt-on "mini-motors" as they were called.)

She showed him her licence and he just turned and shot off with a very red face and a bowed head.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Bike ride scenes   Bike ride scenes - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Well you can't trust a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] like the old time [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].When you can't find your way 'ome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bike ride scenes   Bike ride scenes - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bike ride scenes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2