HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Crumble Pie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldie
Goldie

Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Crumble Pie Empty
PostSubject: Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Crumble Pie   Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Crumble Pie EmptyFri May 19, 2017 5:39 pm

This is another I can recommend. Delicious cold too.

[url= https://recipeadaptors.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/chicken-bacon-and-mushroom-crumble-pie/]https://recipeadaptors.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/chicken-bacon-and-mushroom-crumble-pie/[/url]
  Ingredients – serves 4:
Filling:

• 500g/1 lb chicken thigh fillets, chopped into bite-sized chunks

• 2 heaped dessertspoons plain (all purpose) flour

• a little salt and black pepper, to season

• 1 tbsp oil, either vegetable or olive

• 1 onion, finely diced

• 150g/5 oz bacon, diced

• 8-10 medium button mushrooms, diced

• 1 and 1/2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock

• 200ml/7 oz light sour cream

• 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard

Crumble:

• 1 heaped cup plain (all purpose) flour

• 90g/3 oz cold butter, diced into small pieces

• 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to top

• black pepper, to season

• handful fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped (I used flat leaf but curly is fine too)

Method:

• Put the diced chicken, flour and seasonings into a large plastic food bag and toss to thoroughly coat the chicken.

• Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan and then brown the chicken pieces, over a medium-high heat in two or three batches, until golden all over. Remove the chicken to a plate.

• Now add the onion to the pan and cook over a medium heat until just softened.

• Add the bacon to the pan and stir, then cook for a 2-3 minutes.

• Toss in the mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes and then put the chicken back into the pan.

• Pour in the chicken stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

• Stir in the sour cream and the mustard and then remove from the heat.

• Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan forced/390F and line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.

• Put the flour for the crumble in a medium bowl and then use your fingertips to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.

• Stir in the parmesan and a give it a good season with black pepper.

• Spread the crumble mixture over the prepared baking tray, then cook for 10 minutes or until just starting to turn golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute.

• Put the chicken mixture into a large ovenproof dish (or four individual pots if you prefer).

• Mix the chopped parsley into the crumble and then spread over the top of the chicken mixture.

• Cook the pie for 15 minutes.

• Sprinkle the additional parmesan over the top of the pie, plus a little more pepper if you like, then cook for another 10 minutes or until golden and bubbling.

• Remove the pie from the oven and leave to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.

• Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Crumble Pie   Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Crumble Pie EmptySat May 27, 2017 8:00 am

Sounds good

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Crumble Pie 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Crumble Pie   Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Crumble Pie EmptyMon May 29, 2017 12:00 am

I wish I had the patience to do proper cooking ..and to do all the washing up that it seems to create. Having said that, I did sort of do proper cooking tonight. It was chicken chunks and sliced courgettes in a thickened gravy. I'm trying to reduce the size of my waistline a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Crumble Pie   Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Crumble Pie Empty

Back to top Go down

Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Crumble Pie
Page 1 of 1