HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldie
Goldie

Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries  Empty
PostSubject: Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries    Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries  EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 3:41 pm

I have been fortunate to visit Malaysia and have many friends there.

Why?  It  is completely free from hate and genuinely non racist. They are shocked by our hatred of each other. 
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries    Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries  EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:54 am

I have never been there.  The people interviewed seemed nice enough.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries  2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries    Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries  EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 12:12 pm

the malaysians ARE racists towards their own chinese population - in the past many businesses burnt and destroyed.  check out the history more closely
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries    Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries  EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Yes I have a Chinese Malaysian friend who owns a business and has a  more stringent time and you have police corruption. 

I have mixed race friends there and they have very similar attitudes to the above video. 

Not ideal but I love Malaysian philosophy as all I met are so friendly and helpful   :;smile:
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries    Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries  EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 1:30 pm

malaysia is not genuinely non-racist

racism in malaysia
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries    Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries  EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Got me there Davo my impression is based on people I know and the video indicated the normal general public. There is racism in the UK between English,  Welsh,  Scots and Irish but with the Welsh it's all about rugby.  :;smile:

I got a great vibe there from the people in the street and that was my experience . A very friendly nation.
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries    Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries  EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 7:36 pm

'Racism' exists in every country. It is only a question of degree.
Especially evil if it is somehow officially sanctioned - like segregation was in the USA until just a few decades ago.
Or apartheid in South Africa.
One might argue that the Israeli/Palestinian mess is racist although maybe that is more a question of religion rather than race ?

In Australia, sure it still exists but I believe the extent has improved heaps in recent times.
It used to be quite common and acceptable for white blokes in pubs to say the most derogatory things about our indigenous folk.
Now, one would be hauled over the coals by one's peers and probably suffer even worse consequences if one persisted.

I have gathered from years in forums and chat that racism is rampant in the UK.
Could be wrong.

EDITED to correct a keying error.

Last edited by Pumicestone on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries    Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries  EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 8:22 pm

It is rampant everywhere. I found Malaysia to be probably more tolerant than most as experienced just  mixing with the Malaysians. I like them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries    Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries  Empty

Back to top Go down

Malaysia One of my Favourite Countries
Page 1 of 1