Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Why is Crime on the increase ? Empty
PostSubject: Why is Crime on the increase ?   Why is Crime on the increase ? EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 8:56 am

This could be the reason in Plymouth

Why is Crime on the increase ? _9565010

BBC Story
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Why is Crime on the increase ?   Why is Crime on the increase ? EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Crime is likely to continue increasing as long as criminals are not punished. Some of the sentences handed out today are pathetic.There are so many crimes worthy of bring locked up for a couple of years just get a suspended sentence or a few months, which have already been served while in custody

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Why is Crime on the increase ? 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: Why is Crime on the increase ?   Why is Crime on the increase ? EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Police officers are not allowed a break like any other worker ?

What a beat-up over nothing.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Why is Crime on the increase ?   Why is Crime on the increase ? EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 4:56 pm

I think you find in Spain Civil Guarda take no nonsense from from drunk tourists

Recently a young  lad from the UK  thought he could mouth off as he had a pint of shandy started calling the officer  Manuel and gesticulating.

Result a wack on the knees with a baton. He was warned first. The youth pride hurt wanted his mates to get involved, he carried on. The mates disappeared the guy was placed  on the  floor handcuffed and carried off  to police car.

The boy was crying and asking for mum.

Civil Guarda are the military part of the police force and you definitely do not mess with these guys.

The officer assured everyone around and said it's OK Johnny foreigner will be spending his holiday in prison.

A round of applause all around.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Why is Crime on the increase ?   Why is Crime on the increase ? EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 5:43 pm

Goldie wrote:
I think you find in Spain Civil Guarda take no nonsense from from drunk tourists

Recently a young  lad from the UK  thought he could mouth off as he had a pint of shandy started calling the officer  Manuel and gesticulating.

Result a wack on the knees with a baton. He was warned first. The youth pride hurt wanted his mates to get involved, he carried on. The mates disappeared the guy was placed  on the  floor handcuffed and carried off  to police car.

The boy was crying and asking for mum.

Civil Guarda are the military part of the police force and you definitely do not mess with these guys.

The officer assured everyone around and said it's OK Johnny foreigner will be spending his holiday in prison.

A round of applause all around.

Sounds about right to me,just as it should be

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Why is Crime on the increase ? 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Why is Crime on the increase ?   Why is Crime on the increase ? EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 5:59 pm

They do have respect  for the police here including drivers. From April it has been the law to carry your own breathalyser. We actually did not know ourselves. 

Residents have to carry all their paperwork in the car  that can vary depending where you live. Here you do.

They stop you for no reason but youngsters are normally asked to sit in the police vehicles, while they completely strip the car down. Usually looking for drugs. 

Tourist do have it a bit easier unless you are involved  in an accident. 

The unnerving thing is they rarely speak just direct questioning.

I have always had respect  for the police and curtsey and bow.

I think youngsters today just do not have respect for anyone. Not all I know but in general.

Even today we say to the grandkids if they have had an argument with one of their  friends. You should be careful great granny,  hubbies mum. Might take you to police station and tell you off.

:;smile:
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: Why is Crime on the increase ?   Why is Crime on the increase ? EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Goldie wrote:

I have always had respect  for the police and curtsy and bow.

You have gotta be kidding ?!
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Why is Crime on the increase ?   Why is Crime on the increase ? EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Yes my especially here Pum. They literally do not take prisoners.

I was always taught as a child to respect a police officer. I just think today people generally do not.

When in Malaysia my friend was pulled over. He never saw me and tried to take a bribe. My friend turned around and said have you any change Goldie. The policemans attitude soon changed when he saw I was a westerner.

I was completely gob smacked but apparently nothing new in Malaysia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Crime on the increase ?   Why is Crime on the increase ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Crime on the increase ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: What's in the News-
Jump to: