malcolm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Aldi....Check your receipt ! Empty
PostSubject: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:00 am

I always check my receipt after a supermarket shop, and occasionally find the odd error after a shop at Morrisons
I must admit thought that I regularly find an error on my Aldi receipt !
Usually it is being charged for the same item twice and sometimes I can be charged for an item that I never purchased at all or even a price discrepancy for an item, usually in their favour.
I shop at different Aldi's depending on where I am, and the same things happen at every store.
So.....be sure to always check your receipt at the first opportunity after leaving the supermarket !  thumb
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 2:15 pm

Being a tight fisted pig I always do murgs dance

Do any of you use those self serve tills?
I hate them, never used one and prefer a human to a machine .. but talking of checking your receipt the other week at Tesco's a chap used one of the self-serves and as he walked off a member of staff chased after him waving a tenner.
Apparently .. this is not uncommon. She told me it was a regular thing for shoppers to forget their change on the confounded things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 7:20 pm

Yes, I use the self service machines quite a lot and it is very easy to forget to pick up a note in your change.  It is not in the same place as the coins but underneath.  I nearly left a tenner the other day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 10:07 pm

My wife invariably checked her receipt, normally after we'd left the checkout but before we left the store.

I never do, but I ought to really, remembering the number of times she found a discrepancy.
Back to top Go down
Judd
Judd

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 7:26 pm

sags wrote:
Being a tight fisted pig I always do murgs dance

Do any of you use those self serve tills?
I hate them, never used one and prefer a human to a machine .. but talking of checking your receipt the other week at Tesco's a chap used one of the self-serves and as he walked off a member of staff chased after him waving a tenner.
Apparently .. this is not uncommon. She told me it was a regular thing for shoppers to forget their change on the confounded things.
Time for a new hobby methinks, hanging around Tesco self-service tills..... murgs dance
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Always check my receipts at supermarkets,
Found many times I have been charged twice for things.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 9:53 am

I will be more careful in future.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Aldi....Check your receipt ! 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Artangel
Ex-member
Ex-member
Artangel

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:49 pm

Seeing as I wouldn't be seen dead in there, I wont have this problem!!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 8:35 am

Artangel wrote:
Seeing as I wouldn't be seen dead in there, I wont have this problem!!

Why on earth not?  We are saving a fortune in our new local ALDI.  I get what I can in there and save pounds, then go to Sainsbury's for the rest.  They supply like for like of several cereals, all in the same size packs as the big boys and of equal quality.  We have tried lamb steaks, pork chops and joints, all of good quality.  We have bought long life milk for many years, and also save on this, and it is all British.

Do you have a logical reason for your reply, or just hearsay from other people?

Back to top Go down
Artangel
Ex-member
Ex-member
Artangel

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:35 am

Andsome, I have been in Aldi and Lidl a few times but I will only buy vegetables in them as I have found they are good and a good price. I can't bring myself to eat their food as it looks cheap jack!! Their gravy granules are very weird looking and the Rump steak I bought from there once was awful. I have had some of their wines, one that was raved about but it gave me a headache which I put down to too much  Sulphites added.  I tried Lidl Pinot Grigio which I don't normally like but it was really nice. I then bought some more but it was bitter and sour!
Sainsburys, (who I'm not happy with at the moment due to their Christmas advert) frequently send me vouchers for £4 off when you spend £20.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:45 am

Artangel wrote:
Andsome, I have been in Aldi and Lidl a few times but I will only buy vegetables in them as I have found they are good and a good price. I can't bring myself to eat their food as it looks cheap jack!! Their gravy granules are very weird looking and the Rump steak I bought from there once was awful. I have had some of their wines, one that was raved about but it gave me a headache which I put down to too much  Sulphites added.  I tried Lidl Pinot Grigio which I don't normally like but it was really nice. I then bought some more but it was bitter and sour!
Sainsburys, (who I'm not happy with at the moment due to their Christmas advert) frequently send me vouchers for £4 off when you spend £20.

Fai enough we all can only speak as we find.  We had several packs of lamb steaks from there, and all except one were great.  That one was tough, but as the others were fine we put it down to being from a different animal.  Some of the wines that I have had from there have not been exceptional but others have been fine.  Their cereals are quite a bit cheaper than the competition on a like for like basis.  Their fruit wheat's are exactly the  same a big brand or Sainsbury's or Morrison's.  The fruit and fibre is now so good, being very low in fruit.  It's a case of being selective.

Back to top Go down
Artangel
Ex-member
Ex-member
Artangel

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 11:18 am

Yes, that is the exact word l would use.....selective!!:;smile:

As you can see, I've found the smileys now!!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 11:24 am

Artangel wrote:
Yes, that is the exact word l would use.....selective!!:;smile:

As you can see, I've found the smileys now!!

Where were they hiding? yes

Back to top Go down
Artangel
Ex-member
Ex-member
Artangel

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 12:11 pm

They were hiding on the top bar of the posting area, they used to be in their own section on the left hand side before.
I must go off site now as the flashing of the Murgatroyd logo as I type is making my eyes and head funny. I can't even see what I'm typing as it covers the posting area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aldi....Check your receipt !   Aldi....Check your receipt ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Aldi....Check your receipt !
Page 1 of 1