Cat Flaps

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Goldie

Cat Flaps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Flaps   Cat Flaps - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 11:13 am

I agree Ratchet. Wilbur was blind a genetic thing so although wandered into the garden was always safe in doors by 10.

I also had another previous cat. You could set your clock by him. Out for breakfast  at 7am and before work. Slept all day had his tea out in the garden for an hour, usually  on top of the shed. Out for a quick widdle at 10pm back in for the night.

My vet told me cats should not be left out at night especially in cold weather, contrary to popular belief. I would worry anyway.

Wilbur retired with us to Lanzarote to live out his days in the sun.

We now tend to look after the strays and fill the feeding stations up with biscuits and water, plus good exercise for us humans  sun
Back to top Go down
YANWOL
Ex-member
Ex-member

Cat Flaps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Flaps   Cat Flaps - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 2:22 pm

malcolm wrote:
That looks to be a great invention .... I would never let either of my cats out at night.
They would get me up if they were desperate...and I wouldn't mind at all.

So far I think it's very good.
I have a litter tray in the bathroom (downstairs) cool

YES it's for the cats ! lol

Goldie ... your life in the sun sounds wonderful yes I bet the strays take up a lot of your time.

A cousin of Mum's had a blind cat and her husband built a large run for him to access during the day when they were out. Worked well.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Cat Flaps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Flaps   Cat Flaps - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Ha ha.

Yes we have a friend called Freddies  Cat Houses. I will post a you tube of him. There is a strict neutering policy here but people who long term let have to get pets. One poor cat was abandoned by a feeding station a domestic.   Most of  the strays can fend for themselves but are neutered first. He was in a  terrible state  I rang Freddie a German and he came to pick him up.

Thankfully another animal charity worker was going back to live in the UK and took him with her. He is happy.

Cats do not have an easy life here. Are either shot by the hunters or run over by the Spanish, 

Thankfully due to an education programme in schools and banging home about sterilisation the message is getting through. They have decreased the cat population dramatically in 10 years and eventually  only domestic cats will be allowed as pets. Most hotels and private urbanisation have cat feeding centres. We are renting here at the moment and we have three cats ,  George, Sandy and Gonzo. All neutered and although each has his own apartment live with a community of over 50s. You often open your door and one will be there. Sandy is going back to the UK in May and the others will live out their days here.

They fine very heavily if they catch up with the people who abandon their cats or dogs  to go back to the UK

There are a few volunteers so only a few times a week. You are responsible for one station  for biscuits and water. It's not structured you just what's app. Most of the tourists put biscuits down or adopt a cat.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Cat Flaps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Flaps   Cat Flaps - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Back to top Go down
YANWOL
Ex-member
Ex-member

Cat Flaps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Flaps   Cat Flaps - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Well done Freddy
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Cat Flaps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Flaps   Cat Flaps - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 5:14 pm

He is a lovely guy. Typical of him he forgets to mention Bernie and 9 lives who do a sterling job too.

They are happy cats though. It rarely gets cold here and they are so tame.

If he finds a cat hater he has been known to use fisty cuffs. He is so passionate about animal welfare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cat Flaps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Flaps   Cat Flaps - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cat Flaps
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Your pets stories and photos-
Jump to: