Purwell
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Parking Fees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking Fees   Parking Fees - Page 2 EmptyMon May 29, 2017 12:02 am

catgate wrote:
It is apparently a big mix up.
Is seems that a "Tad" is slang for a small amount and "caster " is an old name for a type of oil used on swivelling wheels.
Caster surely is what the swiveling wheels are called? Nothing to do with the oil used on them. Caster sugar might be worth a bit of research though, could be a connection there?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Parking Fees   Parking Fees - Page 2 EmptyMon May 29, 2017 1:03 am

we introduced female pearl divers some years ago above the twenty sixth parallel - but for some reason they didn't like lowering themselves into the sea - sharks and all ya know so the burly seamen used to grab one by the waist and on the command "cast 'er" would throw her overboard and as she hit the water a wail of "it's a tad cold in here today" could be clearly heard! - if that's any help??
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Parking Fees   Parking Fees - Page 2 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 10:28 pm

davo wrote:
we introduced female pearl divers some years ago above the twenty sixth parallel - but for some reason they didn't like lowering themselves into the sea - sharks and all ya know so the burly seamen used to grab one by the waist and on the command "cast 'er" would throw her overboard and as she hit the water a wail of "it's a tad cold in here today" could be clearly heard! - if that's any help??

That's a good enough reason as far as I can see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parking Fees   Parking Fees - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Parking Fees
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2