2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

AOMEI Backupper Empty
PostSubject: AOMEI Backupper   AOMEI Backupper EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 12:02 pm

AOMEI Backupper (free) is a disk imaging program. A disk image is a quick way of restoring the computer's files and programs to good health. It might be necessary to do this if the computer ever becomes unworkable for any reason. When such a disaster strikes, a disk image will restore a computer system to a good working state in about half an hour. This includes installed programs and all user settings.

A disk image should be made when the system is working without any problems and with all the software installed and set up. The disk image freezes this moment in time. If or when disaster strikes, it is this condition that the computer can be quickly and easily returned to.

Windows has its own disk imaging function and it is possible to use this. However, third-party programs are often found easier to use. There are many available, both free and paid. AOMEI Backupper is a good free one.

If you don't have a disk image, there could come a time when you wish you had. I used one only yesterday. I install/uninstall various computer programs to see how they work. Uninstalling a few programs I'd tried but didn't want to keep lead to the Windows Store App not opening. Something extra to those unwanted programs had been taken out as well. I tried all suggested cures but nothing worked. A disk image, made before I'd installed those trial programs, returned the computer to a trouble-free working state.

I am using Acronis True Image as a disk imaging program but I have used AOMEI Backupper in the past. It is a reputable free program that works well.

http://www.aomeitech.com/freeware.html

More on disk imaging:
http://blog.superuser.com/2012/03/19/a-guide-to-disk-imaging-backup-and-restore/
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

AOMEI Backupper Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOMEI Backupper   AOMEI Backupper EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 12:37 pm

Good info and advice, Mart.

I also use Acronis True Image.   ;)

-----------------------------------------
..AOMEI Backupper Irene_10
Back to top Go down

AOMEI Backupper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Computer Matters-
Jump to: