3 posters
AuthorMessage
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Excel Gridlines Empty
PostSubject: Excel Gridlines   Excel Gridlines EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 9:59 am

I recently imported "profit and loss" figures from a betting exchange into Excel and the grid lines were not visible. After scratching my head and trying the settings that I was aware of, I eventually found out that it was because the "fill colour" was set to white.
I found this site useful: http://www.guidingtech.com/29241/fix-missing-gridlines-excel/
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Excel Gridlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excel Gridlines   Excel Gridlines EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 10:39 am

Ha! Purwell :) That reminds me of my sister who had a job as a secretary many years ago. During an idle moment, she thought she would improve the appearance of the text on the computer. All of a sudden, all the data was gone. Panic set in as years of records were no longer there.

It was then she discovered that she'd set all the text to white (on a white background). What a relief it must have been to discover the data was still there but just invisible.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Excel Gridlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excel Gridlines   Excel Gridlines EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 12:33 pm

It can be so irritating at times because you know it can be done but you just cannot find the little box to tick. I used Autocad for many years right from the days of msdos up to the early part of this century and it could be a nightmare at times.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Excel Gridlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excel Gridlines   Excel Gridlines EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 9:39 am

Having fun with Excel again, trying to write a macro to organise my betting data into the correct columns. 

I know how to do it, but little bugs keep creeping in, trouble is that I don't do it often enough and sometimes make the same mistake over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Excel Gridlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excel Gridlines   Excel Gridlines EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 10:14 am

I have had much fun with Excel in my career on trying to do a pie chart to impress everyone for some data I was collecting,  press a button  and vanish. Half an hour before a meeting with the big guys.

Everyone knew me in IT, the usual message went, it's Goldie again, yes she has done it again, what is it this time, wails of laughter.

My lovely IT guys got my data back and even managed to attend the meeting, just in case another disaster was about to happen. They were actually sad when I retired.

Now how are they going to have fun. 

:;smile:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Excel Gridlines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excel Gridlines   Excel Gridlines Empty

Back to top Go down

Excel Gridlines
Page 1 of 1