HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

copying pics received by email

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

copying pics received by email Empty
PostSubject: copying pics received by email   copying pics received by email EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 9:48 pm

just received some funnies in an email but can't copy them any tips?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: copying pics received by email   copying pics received by email EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 10:56 pm

What are they, text or pictures? What email program or service are you using?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: copying pics received by email   copying pics received by email EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 12:22 am

pics and I use thunder bird so they have been pasted into an email program in Canada and then sent to me! I've tried copying and pasting but all I get is blank frames!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: copying pics received by email   copying pics received by email EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 7:57 am

Sorry, I should have known they were images from the thread title. Down the bottom of the Thunderbird window, is there a bar that says there are a number of attachments? If so, you should be able to save the pictures from there.

Just the usual cautions about downloading and opening e-mail attachments. Just images (.jpg - .gif - .png) ought to be safe enough though.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: copying pics received by email   copying pics received by email EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 11:55 am

no they were sent from an Ipad?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: copying pics received by email   copying pics received by email EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 3:19 pm

I'm not sure what difference that might make but since saving the images to your computer is proving a problem, a way of doing it could be by doing screen captures. How would you be with that?

It's a method that, once familiar with it, saves looking for any technical reasons why the image(s) won't save or copy/paste.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: copying pics received by email   copying pics received by email EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 10:04 am

yes I remember doing it years ago and it seem quite a neat technique - how does it go?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: copying pics received by email   copying pics received by email EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 12:01 pm

The procedure would be:

* Open the e-mail and get one of the images you want to save centred on the screen.

* Press the 'Print Screen' key on the keyboard. This copies what you can see on the screen to the Clipboard.

* Open any image/photo editor and use its 'Paste' option to paste the screen capture into it.

* Use the 'Crop Tool' to crop away the unwanted parts of the capture so that only the image remains.

* Save the image.

* Repeat the procedure for the other images you want to save.

I know there are number of screen capture programs that make the job easier but it can be done as described above.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: copying pics received by email   copying pics received by email EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:25 pm

ta mart I remember doing it a few years back to break some copyright law - seemed easy then I'll give it  try and report back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: copying pics received by email   copying pics received by email Empty

Back to top Go down

copying pics received by email
Page 1 of 1