Irene
andsome
malcolm
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
davo

Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 10:16 pm

I don't suggest you read the entire article unless you are a book worm or a research buff but the conclusion on page 200 and something should suffice!

the burqa
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 10:42 pm

malcolm wrote:
What about Aussies and Brits and Poms then ?

come come Mal a name in a name in a name!

what about Micks/Paddys
Taffeys
Jocks
chinks or slopeheads
coon
dink
froggie
golliwog

and I can go right through the alphabet if you wish - is this all permissible on your site?? or now considered offensive?

are these all regularly and acceptable terms in the English vernacular these days or considered derogatory terms?

Aussie is an abbreviation as in Brits ; P.O.M.S has a long history as you know full well - let me assure you Mal if I were to take you on a walking trip around any aussie city and you used the term Abbo you would be very quickly short changed and short thumped!
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 11:09 pm

davo wrote:
malcolm wrote:
What about Aussies and Brits and Poms then ?

come come Mal a name in a name in a name!

what about Micks/Paddys
Taffeys
Jocks
chinks or slopeheads
coon
dink
froggie
golliwog

and I can go right through the alphabet if you wish - is this all permissible on your site?? or now considered offensive?

are these all regularly and acceptable terms in the English vernacular these days or considered derogatory terms?

Aussie is an abbreviation as in Brits ; P.O.M.S has a long history as you know full well - let me assure you Mal if I were to take you on a walking trip around any aussie city and you used the term Abbo you would be very quickly short changed and short thumped!

Erm Davo, picky picky .. if you were to walk around any British city and call us xenophobes, bigots or nerds you'd risk getting a knuckle butty.
Just saying like ... whistle you keyboard warrior you.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 11:50 pm

pigface OK?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 9:10 pm

The burqa and the bikini

Hi said bikini to the burqa
What age are you I’m 21 C circa
I’m a liberated woman
Take off my clothes and walk amongst ‘um

I’m a liberated woman!

Hi said burqa to bikini
I feel quite liberated too – it’s in me
I feel just good about myself
Do not to shout it from a shelf!

I feel just good about myself!

Well said bikini to the burqa
What men can flaunt in 21 circa
I’ll show them I can flaunt mine too
On level ground we all can screw!

I’ll show them I can flaunt mine too!

Well said the burqa to bikini
My ground is ancient BC circa
I’ve never seen a man cook well
But I’ve seen them die to honour burqa

I’ve seen them die to honour burqa!

Well said bikini to the burqa
I’ve done with all that home spun worka
I’ve never cooked to save my life
And will pick my own God damn wife!

And will pick my own God damn wife!

ps: this poem can go on for pages and pages!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 10:55 pm

Can you please please please finish it there...... shy

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 11:13 pm

I was born and brought up in Bradford.
In the later 40s, before the "creation" of Pakistan, there was an influx of "Indians" into the town to work in the woollen mills, They were "brought in",to do jobs that many Bradfordian males had done prior to their demise in foreign lands. They did not just happen to be passing by. They were  encouraged. Sadly they were not stopped when their original purpose had been achieved.
The city is now run by them. There have been several Lord Mayors and hundreds of councillors, and a continuous exodus of Yorkshire folk.  
Luckily I left town in the early '50s.I do go back to see friends who have sat through it and much of the city has changed radically (some of it for the better) but overall I think the city is basically a foreign town.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 11:26 pm

My cousin lives in Adel, Leeds and took Libby and I on a tour of Bradford (and other places) last summer.

It was rather interesting. I expected it to be much worse than it was. Some of the architecture was very appealing and the pavement shops reminded me of the Mumbai/Karachi districts in Birmingham.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 12:28 am

catgate wrote:
I was born and brought up in Bradford.
In the later 40s, before the "creation" of Pakistan, there was an influx of "Indians" into the town to work in the woollen mills, They were "brought in",to do jobs that many Bradfordian males had done prior to their demise in foreign lands. They did not just happen to be passing by. They were  encouraged. Sadly they were not stopped when their original purpose had been achieved.
The city is now run by them. There have been several Lord Mayors and hundreds of councillors, and a continuous exodus of Yorkshire folk.  
Luckily I left town in the early '50s.I do go back to see friends who have sat through it and much of the city has changed radically (some of it for the better) but overall I think the city is basically a foreign town.

That is why they now call it Bradistan catgate. drum
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 1:19 am

the govts of the passed that many brits couldn't even be bothered voting for or against did this to UK - good to see some renewed interest and energy where brexit is involved BUT is it all too late?

However in defense of the poor old 'lady' I do tell many ozzie friends that there are many very beautiful places that one can live in UK - just watch these sales pitch programs like "back to the country" . grand designs etc but there is one obstacle - money!

I could quite easily live in one of these many rural areas for 6mths of the year if I had the finances!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 1:29 am

AlanHo wrote:
Can you please please please finish it there...... shy

yep do a deal - drop the magazine articles and I'll drop the 50 pages more of the poem?? :cheers:
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 8:44 pm

I have just dropped (the last) one at your request.

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 am

done! = where did you drop it by the way ?
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 8:22 am

What has any of this to do with banning face masks in public?

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 10:23 am

andsome wrote:
What has any of this to do with banning face masks in public?

topics do meander a bit andsome - you just have to go with the flow! cool
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 8:33 pm

The flow being a white water torrent.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Austria to ban full-face veil in public places
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next