Irene
andsome
malcolm
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
davo

Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 11:02 pm

the land is being given back they just don't wont the concrete bits!!

"essentially british" - what is british ya talkin out of ya bristle and pork - please define essentially british in no more than two sentences, then Irish, then Welsh and then Scots! - the United Kingdom is as united as two farts in a diving suit - when you say Britain are you talkin about 'little Britain' or the un-united kingdom? shy
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 11:59 pm

This thread is going nowhere - and I don't think we are being fair by ganging up on davo. It is unreasonable to expect him to have the first notion of what living in the UK is like today - and what awaits us tomorrow if we let things slide. Similarly - we cannot really understand what life is really like in Australia. The media is a poor representation of the truth.

It would be best if we retired into our respective corners and let the guy go back to enjoying his quiet and stress free rural life where rabbits and boat people are banned.Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 Chatla11

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 6:46 am

thank you Alan - here speaks the smiling monk from Solihull. We have only banned the boats because they are leeky and unsafe air loads of people are encouraged [well in limited numbers] - rabbits can still be found in most supermarkets dressed for the dinner table - I don't know where they are getting them from but they are still getting in - they term " they breed like rabbits" is not acceptable term over here  - people don't breed over here they procreate or better still make love not war!

As-salāmu ʿalaykum  [why haven't we got any Muslim icons on here - I thought this was a www ?]
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 8:31 am

You have still not commented about the Australian treatment of the native Australians who have been there for millions of years.

http://www.fairobserver.com/region/asia_pacific/australias-treatment-of-aboriginal-people-dirty-secret-23030/

https://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/people/racial-discrimination-in-australia

Don't lecture us in the UK because we want everyone who lives here to be fully visible and identifiable in public places. Immigrants or UK citizens it does not matter which, everyone should be able to be recognisable if they commit a crime.  Put your own house in order before you lecture us, we just want to feel safe on our streets.  No one is bothered one jot if these women want to walk around looking like dustbin bags, it is the FACE MASKS we object to.  Can't you see that?

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 9:07 am

I thought the whole point of any criminal whether a recent immigrant or long standing UK citizen was to remain unidentifiable in public places.

I also thought that immigrants do become UK citizens so why distinguish them apart.

may I suggest that your avatar may benefit from a face mask - by the bye I am a fully paid up UK citizen born and breed and living abroad and reserve the right of course to comment on the activities of my country of birth - I have no problem on you continuing to comment on Australia.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 9:09 am

andsome - with respect there is nothing to be gained in posting propaganda published by people with an agenda because it is always selective and never paints the full picture. Our knowledge of Australia is second hand, we don't live there and thus obtain our views from the media and the sort of stuff you have posted. Similarly, davo gets his knowledge of the UK from his short experience of living here followed by reading the same kind of stuff tilted in the opposite direction. 
To accuse us of raping and pillaging over the centuries to make England rich has a smidgen of truth. But it fails to state that we brought wealth and order to those countries too - who massively benefited from our presence.

It may well be the same in Australia where immigrants brought their knowledge which has actually benefited the native Australians, a minority of which have chosen not to benefit out of there own ideology.

Similarly the Indian tribes in America now enjoy a standard of living that would not have existed if it were not for the settlers.

I find these pissing contests between people rather pointless - it is not going to change anything and we would be better to spend our energies on our own problems and let others get on with theirs.

Rant over - I'll get me coat....... hat

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 9:18 am

I don't understand where you are getting you ideas from. Of course potential criminals want to remain unidentifiable, this is what we object to. Face masks in public should be banned. It is nothing to do with racial or religious discrimination, it is to do with security

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 9:21 am

with all due double respect alan I spent the first half of my life in UK and now the second half in OZ so it is 50/50 NOT a short period as you state. I have made several visits  to UK in the remaining half of my life. I have friends and relatives ranging from London to the North and talk to them regularly. the keep my up to date on current social conditions in UK. My friends were initially immigrants to UK and range from Middle East ; Far East and Central Europe.

If you wish to keep this website totally British only just say the word and I will push off. But first give me your definition of a British person including skin tones!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 9:24 am

I would imagine that the dear ladies with the face masks feel very secure with their face masks and would indeed feel violated and very insecure without them. would you insist for example that all females in UK should not wear head scarves or heavy make up in public. Is this in fact a domination thing between men and women as usual?

and what about heavily bearded men with long hair?
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 9:28 am

It's an empty argument guys - we are exaggerating the security aspect as a veneer over our old fashioned prejudice. Proper criminals wear balaclavas or motor bike helmets.

The young people don't give a damn about the bin bags and face covering - it's us oldies resisting change. I hate the bloody veils too by the way and feel fully entitled to my prejudice. I've honed it to perfection.

In my case I rarely have a pop at another nation other than in jest - you won't find me slagging off Aussies for the way they treat the indigenous people. It's none of my business.

An extension of this is that I fundamentally disagree with us intervening in the affairs of other nations unless they are a definite threat to our own. Our pumped up politicians never seem to learn the lessons from history and drag us into wars we can never win. Hence the appalling mess in the Middle East today.

Last edited by AlanHo on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 9:30 am

You are missing the point. I don't give a damn about race colour or religion. Everyone as far as I am concerned is the same. I just object to people disguising themselves in public. Everyone should be identifiable. I am not interested in your origins,they are irrelevant,but I am interested as to why you choose to lecture people living here because we want to feel secure on our streets, yet you refuse to acknowledge the treatment by your race of the indigenous people of your adopted country.

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 9:40 am

I can see this thread going on and on - you guys are so full of it you are determined to keep pushing your own narrow opinions on the other - which are just bouncing off.

What on earth do you hope to achieve by carrying on like this - you will not change each other's opinions so it seems pointless.  Pack it in, rejoice in your differences and have a hug.

The only real effect you can measure is that you are adding to your post count on the forum - which is equally pointless.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 9:48 am

The odd one or two fully veiled persons walking our streets would, ordinarily, be just as ignored as people wearing wigs, ...... however, in our already overcrowded public spaces thousands of dark-skinned, people talking a language we don't understand, cheek by jowl with us, professing the same beliefs that are responsible for the slaughter of innocents at home and abroad is simply not acceptable, and the veils represent a two-fingered salute to the indigenous Christian population who had welcomed and befriended them and given them a home alongside them.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 9:51 am

AlanHo wrote:
I can see this thread going on and on - you guys are so full of it you are determined to keep pushing your own narrow opinions on the other - which are just bouncing off.

What on earth do you hope to achieve by carrying on like this - you will not change each other's opinions so it seems pointless.  Pack it in, rejoice in your differences and have a hug.

The only real effect you can measure is that you are adding to your post count on the forum - which is equally pointless.
This is a forum Alan, a place where people can air their views..... whatever they are.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 10:10 am

I am not interested in post counts. I just want to be able to identify people on our streets. Davao has still insisted on lecturing us because we don't like seeing people in disguise walking our streets,yet he will not address the abominable treatment of ABORIGINES by white Australians. I have no personal experience of living there,but my sister has lived there for over fifty years,and is appalled by their treatment. Come on Davo,help put your own house in order and campaign in Australia about this abominable treatment,and stop lecturing us because we want to feel safe on our street. Muslim women as far as I am concerned can wear what the hell they like as long as they don't cover their faces. I see no problem with muslim men wearing their pyjamas in the street,or japanese women wearing kimonos.

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 11:09 am

they are not in disguise you nerd - they are dressed in their cultural dress which you are unable to respect!

what do you know about what I do I have worked with and lived amongst Indigenous Australians all my life here and supported them in all their endeavours very closely but that's my business

this is not about covering faces this is about you being unable to accept the cultural norms of other British citizens in a Britain that is no longer white

I reiterate - I am a British citizen and therefore entitled to comment on British issues
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Austria to ban full-face veil in public places
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next